Thursday, January 17, 2013

Things I Love Thursdays

I don't exactly recall how I first found out about her, but I've been following Gala Darling for quite some time now. At first I wasn't sure what to think of her, since I'm usually way sceptical about semi-spiritual or guru-esque individuals and motivational blah-blah. But after a while I finally saw through the pink & glitter and realized Gala makes a great effort to promote personal happiness, particularly for women. She makes a convincing case in the following video (and yes, her kiwi accent is adorable) :



Her Radical Self Love project really appealed to me and I recently subscribed to her handbook. Now, I haven't gotten around to actually reading it yet (or in my case: listening to the podcast), but one of her concepts I intend to pick up is the so-called Things I Love Thursdays. It's very simple: every Thursday, you make a list of things you liked and loved in that week and write them down in a diary or post them on your blog. The idea is that listing those things will make you become more aware of the things you are grateful for and count your blessings.

Now I am cheating a bit here, since these are things I've loved over the past few weeks rather than exactly the last seven days, but: here we go!

SNOW! Most of Holland is covered in a white blanket. It's totally unpractical since our little country is so unequipped to deal with it, but oh so pretty. Also my city made the international headlines with a massive snow ball fight in the park, which gathered people through Facebook.
Letterboxd: finally a decent network to keep track of movie watching behavior. Thanks for the invite, Daniël!
  Scott Lenhardt’s 24 Hour Woman, animated. Adorable.
 Last weekend's Quentin Tarantino movie marathon in preparation of seeing Django Unchained. Does crazy things to your mind, I'll tell you that.
Ginger tea at breakfast: just spicy enough to get you going, but does it so, so, gently.
Celebrities reading mean tweets #3 (personal favourites: Jessica Biel & Christina Applegate)
Laura from The World Looks Red's ultimate hand luggage packing guide.
Comin' Home Baby by Mel Tormé. This song is awesome.
Red peppers with hummus as a pre-dinner snack. Hmmm.
“Obsessions make my life worse and my work better”: this incredible installation made out of coins on an Amsterdam square.
 Jodie Foster's Golden Globe speech. You go, woman.

2 reacties:

Daniël van der Winden said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I see you misspelled Letterboxd though :)

Unknown said...

Oops! Fixed it, thanks for the sharp eye!

Post a Comment